What is a lead?
If you do not know what a lead is, you are probably losing potential customers. One in the same, you are losing money. A lead is a marketing term for a potential customer. For some businesses, leads are people who walk by their storefront or see an advertisement in the newspaper and call to ask questions. In a more digital sense, a lead can also be a fan on social media who likes your designs, or saw a landing page and signed up to receive more information.
Every company, whether online or not, needs a lead generation strategy.
A lead is not necessarily a customer but someone who has the potential to be; they have passed through the awareness stage and now expressed interest. Leads are the beginning of an effective sales funnel, because from here they become prospects. The more leads a company has, more potential they have to close sales.
Companies invest money in learning more about their potential customers because they know the information holds the key to getting more clients. Once you know about these people you can reach out to them with phone calls, brochures, presentations, meetings, and promotions to offer them what they need to convert to a client.
Outbound vs. inbound
For most businesses, lead generation is an integral element in their sales strategy. These strategies are generally sorted as either outbound marketing or inbound marketing. Outbound strategies are much more direct. This includes tactics like making calls, sending emails, or setting up booths at a local festival. Inbound strategies are help the general public become closer to the product and eventually become a lead. Inbound marketing is based on attracting potential customers and establishing lasting relationships through win-win relationships, where both the client and the business profit. These tactics include increasing efforts to improve SEO standings, building a portfolio, creating content, and building a user-friendly website. These strategies take more time, but they typically result in greater trust between the customer and company.
The best marketing plan applies a variety of inbound and outbound lead generation tactics.
In a world where we are bombarded with notifications, you have to know how to capture the attention of leads. Therefore, the strategy to attract them must be through relevant and quality content. The customer is no longer passive, but rather seeks to play a prominent role in what we are doing. Knowing the importance of lead generation can help you to take the right steps to improve opportunities.
7 ways to generate more Leads
1. Use Social Media: This is one of our specialty strategies because in the design world, we love to show off our beautiful work. Use Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, G+, and other platforms to showcase your designs. Interested leads will click the links to your website or follow your company on your social media platforms.
2. Content Marketing: If your page has traffic, you must have something to offer those leads. Give your guests something interesting to read or look at, and they will take note of your expertise. Generating content helps to have more followers which can generate sales or more leads. Here you can check how to create the best content for your site.
3. Organic Web Traffic: Be one of the first names listed in Google, and your web traffic with skyrocket. If you are always adding content to your website, you will improve your search engine rankings. While there are a ton of algorithms and useful plugins to help, the most important is to make sure you are always updating your online content.
4. Subscription forms in your posts: One of the most common ways to get leads is through subscription forms to the newsletter. Send blogs and news updates to your subscribers to keep them up to date.
5. Change the title of your content: sometimes modifying the title of your content already published will serve to know what draws more attention to your audience. Run your headlines through a headline analyzer to get feedback on creating more engaging titles. When you republish the content, search engines will mark your website as active, and it will also help to boost your SEO.
6. Add a webinar to the home page: While this tactic can be difficult to execute at first, with practice, it is extremely useful. Offer free and practical information from anyone interested. Those who attend will trust your company more and will turn to you for additional information.
When you are ready to get serious about your lead generation strategy, you’ll want to spend some time analyzing all your data: website traffic, social media direction, generation of calls, ROI, etc. This part can get a bit complicated. At A Design Partnership, we help creative professionals in every stage of their marketing strategy.